Saturday, May 26, 2007

Mmmmmm.... frosting....

So this is my first post and tentative toe in the water in the great ocean of blogging. Or something like that. I just finished part of a very delicious carrot cake cupcake from the Alliance Bakery on Division Street. They have excellent cupcakes and also very tasty ham and cheddar croissants. But I digress. My point is that the fact that I just ate a cupcake is a perfect beginning to my first post.

I'm actually not so much of a baker, although I have been known to make the occasional cupcake or cookie. But I do appreciate a good cupcake. Mainly I used that particular food item in the title of my blog because, let's face it, the word "cupcake" is a fun, accessible word. Definitely better than "leek" or "flank steak". People see the word, "cupcake" and they think, "yeah, I can handle that!" It's small, it's sweet, it has frosting. What more could you want?

So, this being my first post and all, I thought I should make it clear what this blog is going to be all about. And the cupcake says it all. Sweet little bites (or would that be bytes) from my life, on what I'm cooking, what I'm reading. And slathered on top of it all, the randomness of my 30-something, urban-life-loving, overworked, tired, and ever-so-slightly insane thoughts.

So welcome to my blog! I hope it proves to be a sweet break for you as well as for me.

No comments: